Welcome to the North Carolina "Triangle" area!
What does "Triangle" mean? The triangle area received it's original name because of the three major Universities of NC State (Raleigh), Duke (Durham), and UNC (Chapel Hill), located in close proximity to one another. The three Universities/cities form a geographic area referred to as the "Triangle" area. Within this area is one of the nations premier centers for development and research, the, covering 7,000 acres and located in the heart of North Carolina. In addition to the three main universities, the triangle area is abundant with other opportunities of higher education schools!
Click here to see a list of other great schools in the RTP!
So maybe you are asking yourself, "Why the triangle?"
According to a recent article in Forbes, in which Raleigh was ranked as one of the 8 Most Business Friendly Cities, "Entrepreneurs give Raleigh great ratings for it's training & network programs. Smart Workers move to the area because of it's quality of life & the Research Triangle". Check out the links above to find out what each city has to offer as far as potential involvement in business opportunities, meetings and events, community interest, and much more!
We know what may be thinking- that there have to be more reasons for relocation than business and development. Listen to what Forbes reported about Raleigh in addition to the business praise. " Raleigh provides a big- city feel with a low cost of living, mild four-season weather, and world-class healthcare- thanks to all those medical schools." Click on the picture of the house to compare your current cost of living to the cost in Raleigh or the surrounding cities!! Click on the weather forecast below to get current weather information for Raleigh.
As we introduce you to all of the great things that the Triangle area has to offer, we can't overlook the importance of family! If you are looking for a great atmosphere for your children to grow up in, look no further!! In 2012 Raleigh was ranked by Forbes to be one of the "Best Cities to Raise a Family"! Click on the pictures below to view the website for the county school systems in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill!
What else then would draw a person to the Triangle area? LOCATION!! Imagine living 2 hrs from the Atlantic Ocean, 2.5 hours from the Mountains, with 4 lane highway systems for easy travel!! Also, because of it's location on the East coast I-95, and I-40 provide smooth and simple travel. Don't forget about Raleigh Durham International Airport (RDU), which provides over 400 flights on eight major airlines to nearly 40 non-stop destinations each day!!
Sports & Leisure
In the hustle and bustle of life we understand how important it is to have downtime! Check out all that the Triangle has to offer as far as sports, entertainment, shopping, and the arts.
William B Umstead Park
Amidst the busyness of life, enjoy hiking, mountain biking, fishing, & even horseback riding at this 5,597 acre state park!! The beautiful trees and wildlife will cause you to feel as though you are on a mountain vacation. Because of it's prime location between the vastly expanding cities of Raleigh, Cary, and Durham, you don't need to go far to step out of the business world and noise, even if just for a couple of hours! Click on the picture to go to the website for more information!
Here are just a few of the impressive and outstanding rankings that the Triangle area has received in the last couple of years!
- #1 Ranked "BEST" Big City in the Southeast - Money Magazine, September 2016
- #2 Easiest City to Find a Job - Forbes, September 2016
- #2 America's Hottest Spots for Tech Jobs - Forbes, August 2016
- #3 America's Best Cities for Young Professionals - Forbes, March 2016
- #7 Hottest Startup Hubs Outside of Silicon Valley - Triangle Business Journal, February 2016
- #5 America's Next Boom Towns - Forbes, January 2016
- #3 Best Cities for Young Families - Value Penguin, February 2016
- #1 Growth State in the United States - Triangle Business Journal, February 2016
- #5 Best City to Live and Work - Robert Half Career City Index, February 2016
- #1 Metro for Life Sciences Clusters - Business Facilities, August, 2015
- #1 Metro for STEM Leadership - Business Facilities, August 2015
- #2 Metro as a Tech Job Leader - Business Facilities, August 2015
- #3 Metro for Economic Growth - Business Facilities, August 2015
- #3 Best City to Live in NC - Livability.com, 2016
- #6 Best City for Women in the Workforce - Nerd Wallet, April 2016
- #5 Most Educated Mid-Sized Metro - Headlight Data, January 2016
- #6 Small City for Economic Potential - Financial Times, November 2015
- #6 City for Advanced Manufacturing - Business Facilities, August 2015
- #6 Most Affordable Cities to Live in NC - Livability.com, 2016
- #36 Top 100 Best Places to Live in the United States for 2016 - Livability.com
- #7 Best Foodie City for 2016 - Livability.com
- #5 Best City for Entrepreneurs - Entrepreneur Magazine, July 2016
- #2 Most Affordable Cities to Live in NC - Livability.com, 2016
- #2 Up-and-Coming Cities for Tech Jobs - Raleigh/Cary - Zip Recruiter, July 2015
- #1 Best City in NC to get a Job - Zippa, June 2015
- #6 Safest City in NC - CreditDonkey, February 2016
- #1 Best Places to Live in America - Time/Money Magazine, August 2015
- #4 Safest Places to Live in NC - Motovo.com, 2015
- #1 Safest Town in NC & #51 Safest in the United States - Neighborhood Scout, February 2016
- #3 Best City in NC for Young Families - Neighborhood Scout, February 2016